Latest News

Enigmatic India

This blog captures the life experiences of the Enigmatic India team in the beautiful and enigmatic country of India.We capture our experiences through our writings, photos and products that depict the very essence and fabric of India.Through this platform, we invite you to join us in our journey as we explore.

Monday, March 13, 2017

"People Around Us" - Bikram Swain

Bikram Swain
Bikram 2 Bollywood
Car Washer to Tiger Shroff’s personal trainer

“My father doesn’t understand yet what I am doing here in Bollywood. Once or twice I have shown my selfies with Bollywood stars. But he said, "you don’t have a click with Sachin Tendulkar"? Two months back,  I got chance to take a click with great cricketer Sachin Tendulkar in Mehboob Studio, Mumbai. I sent that photograph to my father & he was so happy that I can’t even tell you. Now only he accepts…yes my son is doing something in Mumbai”: Bikram Swain.

Bikram & Sachin
Bikram’s life is not less than a Bollywood story. Being from a very poor family one day he shifted from Odisha to Surat to get some work as his maternal aunt was already there. He learnt embroidery work with a hope to earn more money. There he was earning Rs. 1300 per month. He used to keep half of that for himself and send the other half to his family. One day, someone suggested him that he should go to Mumbai. He came to the city with no money and started hunting for a job. This was in 2009. He worked with a shop for spakes frames colouring in South Mumbai and on Sundays & other holidays worked as a cleaner, used to wash cars to earn a living. While working as a car cleaner he became friend with a driver. He used to travel to Juhu every Sunday since it used to be his weekly off. When he went to Juhu beach, he saw some kids there doing gymnastics. He saw them and began practising with them. This became a routine for Bikram  on Sundays & on festival days. He got very good at it and was a fast learner.

Bikram & Tiger Shroff
“On one such day, "Tiger Shroff" spotted me. He was preparing for his debut film then. Even I didn’t have idea that he is the son of great bollywood star Jackie Shroff. When he saw me, he came and practised with me. After few such sessions, he offered me a job as his trainer. Back then, I didn’t know the language and I could hardly communicate with him. But Tiger understood me. He asked me to shift from South Mumbai to Andheri. He also bought me a phone and a sim card. Through that, we used to communicate. Since I didn’t know the language, he only used to message me the time at which we had to meet. Slowly, I learnt the language and now I can converse. Then, Tiger taught me how to browse videos on youtube, through which I learnt many new things.” Bikram.

Bikram is the first boy from his village Antarigam (Gunjam- Odisha) to have travelled abroad. His family & friends are so proud of him now. He has purchased some land in his village & built a home also. He helped his younger brother to be an MBA. His  village is affected by Naxalites and it is very under developed. In fact, Antarigam got electricity few years back only. Now Bikram is helping his village to be a developed one.   

“I also had a flair for dance and because of my flexibility, I got a good hang of it. I worked on that skill too and soon became very good at it. When I met Sooraj Pancholi via Tiger, he suggested that I should train him to dance. This began the next phase of my career. I now train Sooraj, Sayesha Sehgal (Dilip Kumar's niece) and Athiya Shetty. However, for me, Tiger is God. I travel the world with Tiger. I work with Tiger on all his dance numbers. But when Tiger is shooting, I am free. Hence, Tiger suggested that I get my Assistant Choreographer's card done so that I can assist Ahmed sir. I did it and went on to work with him on "Kick", "Phantom", "Hero", "All is Well among other movies.” Bikram 

(In conversation with "Saumya Parida")

1 comment:

  1. God helps those who helps themselves. ... don't hesitate yourself in any moment, time definitely come for anyone to achieve the target, having patience till the moment is most important. .....☝��

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers